Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas tree












The top photos are of my great nephew - he loves to have fun with his grampa (my brother), dance (which is what he's doing in the second photo) and have his picture taken. The next photo is a cute "ornament" in front of my brother and sis-in-law's tree. The lower photo is a close-up handheld of our tree. I turned off all the surrounding lamps in the room and just had the tree's Christmas lights on. A little blurry, but I think it's intimate.



4 comments:

pat said...

what a great overview of your Christmas! I do like the intimacy of your tree shot--the lighting is perfect for setting the mood.

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

I love the DOF (depth of field) on the third from the top. He's a real cutie!

heidster said...

great job on the last photo. I tried that too, but they turned out too fuzzy. That is the only way to see a christmas tree is with all the other lights out.

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

On your night time Christmas tree one you will need tripod or to brace your arms/hands on something so you don't move. Then let your shutter stay open for at least 1 sec or longer (try different settings to see what you like best) to really get enough light in the photo. Great job with these!